Cowal Golf Club

Cowal Golf Club

Overlooking the Firth of Clyde on the Cowal Peninsula in Argyll, Scotland, the Cowal Golf Club offers you a superb course with a spacious clubhouse facility.

Cowal Golf Club was founded in October 1891, as a 9 hole course laid out by Willie Campbell of Bridge of Weir.

In 1906 the course was extended to 18 holes under the direction of the St Andrews' professional, Willie Auchterlonie.

In 1924, the Club commissioned James Braid to reconstruct the 18 hole layout - this being completed in 1928. This is still the basic layout played over by today's golfers.

The course comprises 51 acres overall.

The first Clubhouse was opened in 1903, but was destroyed by fire in 1916. A reconstructed Clubhouse was opened later that same year, with an extension added in 1967. The Clubhouse was again completely reconstructed in 1975.

Now, today, golfers enjoy a spacious new Clubhouse built in 1996 with over 970 sq metres of useable space.

contact details

- back